The team uses the RainedOut notification system to alert members of pool or team delays or cancellations. You only need to subscribe once, and then you're all set from season to season. Email communication is free. There is also a text communication option at cost. Standard text messages are sent from short code 84483.
It is strongly recommended that everyone sign up to receive notifications. Subscribe to both the pool list (general pool membership) and the team list (dedicated to the team). The team list is just for swim and dive team members. The reason for this additional list is so that we can send messages about practices and meets that are not relevant to the general pool membership.
Steps for general pool alerts:
1. Enter Rolling Hills Swim Club if it asks for your organization.
2. Enter a phone number or email address to which you would like alerts to be sent.
3. A validation code will be sent to the email address or phone number you provided.
4. Enter the validation code and you will be subscribed to this service.
Steps for swim/dive team alerts:
1. Subscribe to the pool list using the steps above. You must subscribe to the pool list in order to join the team list.
2. Once you enter the validation code (step 4 above), you will be given the option to ‘subscribe to a private group.’ There will be a box and you need to enter the keyword ‘RHSeahawks’.
Another option is to text RHSC8301 to 84483 to receive alerts from Rolling Hills Swim Club. Then, text RHSeahawks to 84483 to receive swim/dive team alerts. The Team Reps will not send other email alerts regarding weather.
If you prefer not to subscribe to Rained Out, you can call the pool before practice and meets begin, (703) 451-5303.